Sunday, August 22, 2010

Myrtle Beach: Villa Mare




You know how there are those handful of restaurants your family tends to always go to...well this is one of them. Villa Mare used to be in small space in a shopping center so I was excited to see their new locale when going with my family for dinner while on my "mini summer vacation."

The new space is MUCH improved with classic yet simple colors and decorations. We were sat near the kitchen and there was plenty of open seating...however, there was little noise coming from the kitchen so there was not a disturbance.

All the meals are served with bread, soup, and salad. The bread is very good being a small loaf with a crusty outside and soft inside. I enjoy having a good EVOO to dip my bread into versus butter but that is just being picky :)

The soup and salad were standard fare. The soup was flavorful but again nothing I could not find on a grocery isle. The salad had the usual greens and a couple other vegetables.

I ordered the Veal Saltimbocca (stuffed with proscioutto and Provolone and sauteed with marsala wine sauce). Oh, how I was disappointed. To start off there was way too much Marsala sauce in which the veal and spinach were swimming. (**The best Marsala sauce every is at Carrabba's!) I could barely find or taste the proscuitto and the spinach was quite bitter. :(

On a positive note, my mother had a wonderful Villa Mare Pasta (tomatoes, scallions, mushrooms alfredo, over spaghetti) to which she added shrimp: divine!

I will probably head to Carrabba's when I feel like my next Italian fix is in need. What is your favorite Italian Restaurant? Dish?


No comments:

Post a Comment