
We have moved! Well, Adam has and I will follow behind come next month. Adam wanted to take me to a nice dinner for our first one as husband and wife where we will be spending the next couple years (hopefully ~ moving is a P-A-I-N). We went to Peak City Grill. The downtown is very simple, cute, and quaint so I was not sure what to expect in the food scene there.
We entered and the acoustics were a bit off par (aka voices and noises bouncing off all the wood in the restaurant). We liked that the host gave us the option of sitting upstairs, downstairs or outside. Often, you are just led to a table. The sound was fine once we sat down upstairs overlooking the bottom. The only negative is you can also see into the kitchen.
The server was a pleasant, knowledgable lady who not only could explain to my husband the way the beer he ordered would taste but was knowledgable about the menu. We started with an appetizer of huspuppy shrimp. It was a bit too greasy for me with the hushpuppy overwhelming the shrimp inside. The presentation was neat with the pups coming in a small paper brown bag "spilling over". It came with a mustard sauce that was a bit overpowering for the food.
I ordered the crabcakes because usually I judge a restaurant by how good certain food items are that I have tasted numerous times aka crab. They were divine. As my fork touched onto the cake, bits and pieces of crab fell off so I knew this crab cake was not a load of filling to hold it together but CRAB. Truthfully, it was so good that I do not remember what sides came with it but I cleaned my plate. Yes, I did. However, saying that, did you know that you are supposed to leave a small bit of food on your plate after finishing? It lets the chef know that he cooked enough. A lot of food left means the portion was too large, and a clean plate may indicate not enough food.
I cannot wait to return and try something new! We are excited about trying restaurants in a new area although Atlanta and WIlmington are going to be hard to top.
No comments:
Post a Comment