
This has to be one of, if not THE, favorite restaurant of mine. We eat here almost every Sunday! Sea Captain's is a seafood restaurant right on the beach owned by some family friends of ours. I am currently on a feat to try all of their menu items. It is going a bit slower than I thought because 1) I am based in Columbia now for grad school and 2) There are those couple of signature dishes I have to order again and again.
This post will focus on those signature dishes (in my opinion) and this is a must if you visit Myrtle Beach.
She Crab Soup: You will not, cannot, find a better She Crab Soup. It is creamy, flavorful, full of crab, and a splash of Sherry wine on top pulls it all together. I have tried other She Crab Soups (at least 10 others) but they never come close.
Crabcakes: They are full of fresh Atlantic crabmeat with flour breading so they are soft and not crunchy like so many others (which takes away from the crab flavor). The restaurant also makes a wonderful Lemon-Dill Butter sauce to go along with it if you order the platter. I have lately really enjoyed the Crabcake Sandwich which is the crabcake on a onion roll with tomato and lettuce and Dijon Green Peppercorn Tartare Sauce. The sandwich is also served with the best pasta salad ever! It is a refreshing cream based pasta salad using penne noodles, minced tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers along with DILL. Fabulous.
Shrimp Salad: The shrimp are the perfect size...not the popcorn size nor the jumbo. These are the shrimp that have the best flavor. The shrimp are mixed with celery, green peppers, capers, mayo, and seasonings. Just delicious. Be aware: They also have a Sea Island shrimp salad which does not come close to the regular.
**The dressings are homemade and they serve the best Ranch I've ever tasted.
**The hushpuppies are served hot upon arrival at the table. They have just a hint of sweetness.
**The fried seafood is lightly battered and then fried so that the frying process does not take away from the taste of the seafood. (I like the shrimp and oysters best!)
**They offer specials every day that always change and now have a brunch menu available for Sundays.
This post will focus on those signature dishes (in my opinion) and this is a must if you visit Myrtle Beach.
She Crab Soup: You will not, cannot, find a better She Crab Soup. It is creamy, flavorful, full of crab, and a splash of Sherry wine on top pulls it all together. I have tried other She Crab Soups (at least 10 others) but they never come close.
Crabcakes: They are full of fresh Atlantic crabmeat with flour breading so they are soft and not crunchy like so many others (which takes away from the crab flavor). The restaurant also makes a wonderful Lemon-Dill Butter sauce to go along with it if you order the platter. I have lately really enjoyed the Crabcake Sandwich which is the crabcake on a onion roll with tomato and lettuce and Dijon Green Peppercorn Tartare Sauce. The sandwich is also served with the best pasta salad ever! It is a refreshing cream based pasta salad using penne noodles, minced tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers along with DILL. Fabulous.
Shrimp Salad: The shrimp are the perfect size...not the popcorn size nor the jumbo. These are the shrimp that have the best flavor. The shrimp are mixed with celery, green peppers, capers, mayo, and seasonings. Just delicious. Be aware: They also have a Sea Island shrimp salad which does not come close to the regular.
**The dressings are homemade and they serve the best Ranch I've ever tasted.
**The hushpuppies are served hot upon arrival at the table. They have just a hint of sweetness.
**The fried seafood is lightly battered and then fried so that the frying process does not take away from the taste of the seafood. (I like the shrimp and oysters best!)
**They offer specials every day that always change and now have a brunch menu available for Sundays.
A couple of my others favorites to try:
- Avocado Seafare
- Any of their fresh salads (I always get a side salad!)
- Crab Casserole
- Quiche of the Day
Check our their website here! http://www.seacaptains.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment